Friday, November 17, 2006

I'm B.A.C.K.!

I've gone on a little hiatus recently due to new challenges at work and a busier than usual schedule. Anyway, I'm back and leading the pack! (see pic below - courtesy of Seh Suan)

Ok, somebody please tell me I'm terrible at rhyming. I was never good at poems anyway. Whenever I wrote autograph books, I was always stuck after "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue..."

Well, events have passed by quickly and there are updates to share on my surprise birthday celebration, recent kelong trip and first group meet-up with my ironman training buddies.

Meanwhile, Countdown Party 2006 is into full swing and I'm putting in the mileage on my runs for the upcoming Standard Chartered Marathon. Here's my run log for last week:

Distance: 32km

Ave. Heart Rate: 72% Max

Heart Rate: 80% (for 15mins)

Total Time: 3hrs 20mins

A great run which totally pushed me past the pain barrier. Josh, my training partner, was running on pure adrenalin into the last 5km of our run and I had to force myself to get out of cruising zone and step into 4th gear to keep up. A shock to the system, but necessary. My left knee needs some strengthening. It hurts terribly after 1.5 hrs.

Next distance: 35km


Fishmonger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home