Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Elusive GOLD Award



I woke up late this morning and rushed down for my IPPT at Bedok Camp. I was gunning for GOLD but with extreme lack of sleep this entire week due to my Big Move, I was just hoping to make the bare minimum for the Gold standard (then again, who wants to do extra??). Guess what? Sigh... of all stations I had to get 4 points for SBJ (Standing Broad Jump)! I still can't believe it when this is traditionally one of my strongest station. No problems with full 5 pts in the past. And always on the first try! Well, it went like this - I was disqualified in the first round, almost made it the second time and did much worst in the third. Then I found out they only allowed 3 tries and that was it for me! This shouldn't be the case really, why can't someone be allowed to try indefinitely? Oh well... so feeling a tad bit dissappointed, I dragged myself to complete the shuttle run and 2.4km run. My total score was 24 pts when I needed 25 pts to achieve Gold. My run was also under 9:30 mins so I'm feeling 'buay gam wan".

So I, Sebastian Teo, NRIC number 7XXXXXX Z, pledge to re-take my IPPT next week and achieve the GOLD standard!
(So that I can claim my $400.)

On the side, I was rather amused listening to the run briefing from the NSF PTI. Words like "Gentleman, at this point of time, is anyone not feeling well?" and "Whole lot of you, good to go!?" brought memories of me barking orders to my men during my time as an NSF Platoon Commander. Haha, army culture is here to stay.

I want my GOLD!!!


Fishmonger

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're old liao lah
u'll never guess who muhahahar

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home