Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A day in a life of a P.I.


No, I was not paid to model in this punjabi suit. I was secretly undercover to investigate the rumoured wedding of the Rajah of Serangoon and his China-born girlfriend. My client, a Serangoon dweller and a secret admirer of the Rajah, has yet to reimburse me for the $65 I spent on the suit and compensate me for the humiliating acts I suffered on the 9th of September, 2006. A full report of the lavish wedding will be delivered to my client soon, including a detailed description of the inhumane acts I was made to perform. One such act included a conspiracy among the Rajah’s maidservants to plan a dark, sadistic party involving, among others, a forced eating of edible thongs by some of the Rajah’s bodyguards.

These terrible acts were a violation of Section 2.1 – “The PI shall not suffer any form of humiliating acts in his course of work” - of the terms of agreement and upon obtaining photo evidence, I may proceed to press charges against my client.

Overall, it was one of my toughest assignments yet and I’m glad that the job is done. The Rajah and his China-born girlfriend are now happily married and have escaped media attention by flying off to an undisclosed location in Thailand.

My client? She did not receive the news well unfortunatedly and is now under close observation at The Institute of Mental Health. She is being treated for major depressive disorder and mild schizophrenia. I hope she gets better. I want my compensation.

***

Daniel & Pauline, thank you for sharing your joyous occasion with me. Though it was a rather busy and challenging one, it was also most unique and special in its execution.

Enjoy your trip in Bangkok.

(ooops... did I just reveal something?)

***

In a moment of selah, I came to understand that true friendship is tested when the weather elements surrounding the event aren’t perfect. A reality check? I’m glad I chose to stay on and steer the boat to the end. The finishing matters after all.



Fishmonger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home