Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ironman - A Glimpse

Counting down - 3 Days more to go.

"Ironman is every person trying to find out what he can do. Swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, run 26.2 miles, PRAY for the rest of your life... 1,800 people united by the challenge to prove, to inspire, to challenge a once thought to be unreacheable distance. Most of them... are you and me."

The above is taken verbatim from two YouTube videos which I thought will give you a peek into the world of Ironman racing. Everything you see in the video is for real and will exactly be what I will be doing this Saturday. I think the videos capture the true spirit of Ironman racing and it'll probably show you why the Ironman is the 'Holy Grail' of endurance events. Just look at the faces of those who made it pass the finishing line. Words cannot fully describe that great sense of achievement the Ironman brings to them. I'm certain it will stay in their lives... forever.

Watch out for the disabled athlete and the 76-year old nun, Sister Madonna Buder, in the second video. (The latter completed it in 16:59:03. Heck if she was last year's official last finisher, I think I will probably bow down and kiss her feet if I get to meet her one day. - kidding)


The Ironman breaks boundaries. The Ironman changes lives.


I think I'm all psyched up now =)







Fishmonger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home