Friday, January 26, 2007

Splash Fest!



The Ironman swim is a distance of 3.8km. That's equivalent to 76 laps in an Olympic size pool. Yesterday was a good swim, but a rather tiring one. My training plan read 4,000m. *gulp* I plunged into the pool without trying to think too much about it. It kinda worked actually but it took a while to find my rhythm. I got out of the pool after hitting the 3,000m mark to drink some water as I forgot (again) to bring my water bottle (yes, you do lose water while swimming). Was feeling dehydrated and needed some fluid intake badly.

Then it happened. I caught a bad chill while drinking from the water cooler. The winds were strong and I think my immune system was down due to the lack of rest throughout the week. Anyway, plunged in again to finish off the remaining 20 laps before hurrying to the bathroom to have a hot shower. Took some medicine before I slept and popped two Vitamin C pills.

Training log:
4,000m swim (3,000m easy; 5x200m @ 80% effort)

I'm off to retreat over the weekend! Will try to catch a long run in between.


Fishyteo signing out.


Finshmonger


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home